[TYPO3-english] recurring news calendar?

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Tue Nov 17 00:27:25 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm looking for a solution that would show in calendar view recurring
news/events. I love using newscalendar + tt_news - they are easy to use
and setup.

Now in tt_news is no such thing that "recurring news"; news that happen
every day/week/month/year same time. Well maybe because it would not be
news anymore ;)

In extension cal there is recurring event possibility but the look and
feel and usability of the minical is (at least by default) not so
sophisticated than in newscalendar which for example shows the day's
events title by hovering or clicking them in the calendar. Or does any
of you know if minical can be configured to be more "giving" than just a
link to a list? I couldn't really find in the manual much about the
minical..

Thanks for any ideas on this. I'm also happy to hear (by contacting me
direct) if anyone would be willing to extend tt_news and newscalendar
this way and how much sponsoring this would take.

--
With kind regards

Katja Lampela
*Lieska-tuotanto