[TYPO3-english] Multiple sites on domain and subdomain

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Nov 13 10:25:26 CET 2009

Hi,

Tomiţă MILITARU wrote:
> Hi Thomas, Andreas,
> I've talked to the System Admin to make the changes, I don't know how to
> work with the webserver, I think he will somehow change it from the
> DNS.Could you please describe a bit more about the necesary changes?
> Thanks!
>
> On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 4:07 AM, Andreas Becker <ab.becker at web.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi Thomas
>>
>> Could you please describe a bit more precise how to configure the Apache
>> server so that it does what you are mentioning. It would be nice if you
>> could add the code or section of the apache configuration or other files
>> where things need to be changed/modified. Thanks a lot!

I guess reading the webserver configuration would be a good start. You use Apache, then go to httpd.apache.org and start reading. If you open your existing website configuration, you'll see that your
current single domain is configured with a directive 'ServerName', and in the documentation you'll find its sister directive 'ServerAlias' which is what you need:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/core.html#serveralias

Regards

--
Xavier Perseguers