[TYPO3-english] Multiple sites on domain and subdomain

Tomiţă MILITARU tomita.militaru at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 15:53:39 CET 2009

Hello,
I have a website on lets say www.domain.com. Now I want to add another
website on the same Typo3 instance, but on subdomain.domain.com. I've
followed the instruction from here:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tutorials/doc_tut_quickstart/0.1.0/view/1/9/#id3993820
but
it does not work. I suspect the problem is in this step:
*Configure your web server to direct all requests for the three domains to
the directory with the TYPO3-website (.../quickstart/) - now a visit to any
of the three domains will end on the "FC Bigfeet" main site.*
*I've redirected the subdomain.domain.com to domain.com using .htacces:*
*
RewriteEngine on
# Redirect domain.com to http://www.domain.com
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^domain.com$
RewriteRule ^/?$ "http\:\/\/www\.domain\.ro" [R=301,L]
# Redirect domain.com/index.php si http://www.domain.com/index.php to
http://www.domain.com
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^domain.com$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.domain.com$
RewriteRule ^index.php$ "http\:\/\/www\.domain\.ro" [R=301,L]

The subdomain redirects correctly, but typo loads the page from domain.com
Typo is installed in the root of domain.com
So my question is, do I have to make the redirection with another method or
where do I go wrong?
Thank you.
*
--