[TYPO3-english] Different TypoScript for different objects on the same record

Lamb, Brian blamb at jcvi.org
Fri Nov 6 15:53:33 CET 2009

Hello all,

I've posed this question before but haven't quite arrived at a solution yet. I have a record that contains two tt_news items and I need to apply different TypoScript to each. I set up the News objects with TemplaVoila. When I hover over the objects, I see the following:

tt_content: 1384
tt_content: 1385

Based on advice I've gotten from this already, I have set up the following TypoScript:

lib.news1 = RECORDS
lib.news1 {
  # this is the uid of one of your 2 plugins you created
  source = 1384
  tables = tt_content
  conf.tt_content < plugin.tt_news
  conf.tt_content {
    displayLatest {
      title_stdWrap.crop = 10 | ... | 1
    }
  }
}

lib.news2 = RECORDS
lib.news2 {
  # this is the uid of one the other plugin you created
  source = 1385
  tables = tt_content
  conf.tt_content < plugin.tt_news
  conf.tt_content {
    displayLatest {
      title_stdWrap.crop = 50 | ... | 1
    }
  }
}

However, this does not crop the title in either tt_news object. Any thought as to why?

Thanks,

Brian Lamb