[TYPO3-english] Typo3 upgrade and InnoDB

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Nov 6 13:27:53 CET 2009

Pero Matic schrieb:
> Hi. I tried upgrading Typo3 but all ALTER queries with InnoDB in them were
> not executed (compare script never ends) because my hosting provider doesn't
> support InnoDB. Now, my question is: will typo3 still function correctly? As
> i understood InnoDB is used by indexed search engine but it can also use
> MyIsam tables as well - is this correct? Thx!

It works, of course. The queries should "end". The conversion can take a
lot of time, especially if your cache tables and index tables are
"full". Try to clean them up before running the COMPARE and see if they
are not indeed converted to InnoDB.

If the hosting environment indeed does not support InnoDB, the
conversion simply won't be made (but it should not take forever, this
error should make it run "fast"). The COMPARE tool will then always
prompt for this ALTER TABLE statement, but you can ignore that: it will
work as before, only with the same problem you faced (or not) before,
that of whole-table locking (while records are being inserted, noone can
fetch or update it). Might not be a problem for your.

Cheers,
Ernesto