[TYPO3-english] GMENU with semi transparent PNG's

Iztok Kham pajek at pajcevina.net
Thu Nov 5 13:10:19 CET 2009

On 5.11.2009 11:48, Rudy Gnodde (WIND Internet) wrote:
> Hello Iztok,
>
> Iztok Kham wrote:
>> There is something called IE ... and I would like to nake it fool-proof
> Only IE6 has problems with alpha transparent PNG's, but there are ways
> around this. You can use "filter:
> progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(src='background.png');"
> for IE6 in your CSS. If you're worried about validity of your CSS you
> can use <!--[if lte IE 6]>...<![endif]--> to only add specific styles
> (or anything else) for IE6 or lower.

I know this, but the problem is, that I want to have the whole button as
a link, and also I have some drop shadow on text.

Finally I did take a look at TypoScript by Example, as you suggested,
and came up with pretty simple solution. I just used optionSplit for
background image ...
So, now my WORKING solution is:
temp.mainMenu = HMENU
temp.mainMenu {
   wrap = |
   1 = GMENU
   1 {
       NO = 1
     NO {
       XY = 130,46
       quality = 100
       1 = IMAGE
       1 {
          file = fileadmin/templates/base/elements/menu_bg_01.png ||
fileadmin/templates/base/elements/menu_bg_02.png ||
fileadmin/templates/base/elements/menu_bg_03.png |*|
fileadmin/templates/base/elements/menu_bg_04.png
       }
       5 = IMAGE
       5.file = fileadmin/templates/base/elements/menu_button-gr_low.png
       5.transparentBackground = 1
       10 = TEXT
       10 {
         text.field = title
         offset = -5,34
         fontColor = #FFFFFF
         fontFile = fileadmin/templates/base/font/arial.ttf
         fontSize = 14
         niceText = 1
         align = center
         shadow {
           offset=0,0
           color=#FFFFFF
           opacity=15
           blur=50
         }
       }
     }

     RO < .NO
     RO = 1
     RO.5.file = fileadmin/templates/base/elements/menu_button-gr_high.png
     RO.10.offset = -5,24

     ACT < .RO
     ACT.5.file = fileadmin/templates/base/elements/menu_button-or_high.png
     ACT = 1

     CUR < .ACT
     CUR = 1

   }
}

Many thanks for your help!

However, I do have another problem with GMENU which I experienced before
(actually always with GMENU) ... sometimes the text on the first entry
(button, if you like) doesn't get rendered and I am left with only the
button background (in footer menu, which is only a TMENU /no graphics/
text is properly displayed) ... strange! I am going to do some googling
on tis subject and if I find a soluition I will post it here.

-- Iztok