[TYPO3-english] Mnogosearch 2.2.2: How to use default search paramaters (e.g. "wm=sub") in TYPO3 extension?

Yomo Guiamo yomo.diplur at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 22:43:27 CET 2009

Hello,

When I was using and configurating mnogosearch, I stumbled upon a few
difficulties.

1. How do I encorporate the search parameters into the TYPO3 mnogosearch
configuration? My aim is to search only in the filename (title) of PDF
documents and only return PDF-documents that contain a substring of the
searchword. So a PDF-file called '20091001-zipcode-subject.pdf" would be
found with a search for '2009'. In this case I do *not* want to search
inside the PDF-document (the body).

2. How do I enable substring searches and/or wildcard searches? "Mar"
should match "Maria" or "Married" or "Marshmallow" or "blamarwhatever".
I know the original mnogosearch parameter is 'wm' with value 'sub' is
the way to go. I have no clue how to do this with your extension in TS.
I have been searching around this list and googling, but found no
solution. Any help is appreciated.

The mnogosearch parameters I want to use are listed on:
http://www.mnogosearch.org/doc33/msearch-doingsearch.html.

As you can see one of those parameters, called wf, is configurable
through the  'weightFactor' config option in TypoScript. The problem is
that I have no idea how to enable the other search parameters. Can I use
the original mnogosearch abbreviation? If yes, how?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Yomo Guiamo