[TYPO3-english] Again: How to configure crawler 3.0.0?

Tolleiv.Nietsch info at tolleiv.de
Tue Nov 3 00:49:22 CET 2009

Hi -
the crawler is meant to run through the cli_dispatcher of typo3 ... did
you ever try this out?

Running it through the backend was never a good option (since it will
take away too much resources from the webserver). The 3.x version of the
crawler requires that TYPO3 has support for popen to run the crawler in
a new process when you press that button in the backend. popen might not
be available in safe_mode.

Cheers,
Tolleiv

--