[TYPO3-english] External links in RTE on multi-domain site

Christian Hennecke christian.hennecke at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun May 31 18:16:41 CEST 2009

On Sat, 30 May 2009 18:39:51 UTC, Bartosz Aninowski
<bartoszx at SPAMgmail.com> wrote:

> > I have a multi-domain / multi-language setup, say www.bla.com and
> > www.blubb.com, and have created a tt_news item on www.bla.com that
> > contains an external link to www.blubb.com in the RTE body text field.
> > The problem is that the link points to the correct path but on the
> > domain the news is displayed on, i.e., instead of linking to
> > http://www.blubb.com/en/test.html it points to
> > http://www.bla.com/en/test.html.
> >
> > The behavior seems to be independent of RealURL. TYPO3 version is 4.2.6.
> >
> > Now I've found config.typolinkEnableLinksAcrossDomains but setting it to
> > true does not change anything.
> >
> > Any hints on what may be wrong?
>
> from which domain you login to BE?

You are correct. This depends on the domain is logged into with into the
BE.

IMO this is pretty bad. First, the interface clearly states "External
URL". Second, there are cases where content is re-used on other domains.
Pretty confusing for editors.
--
"I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen." - W.H. Auden