[TYPO3-english] Bug in TMENU with HMENU special=directory?

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sat May 30 10:16:12 CEST 2009

Hi,

Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> StephenBungert wrote:
>> I believe special = directory works this way, I don't think it checks for
>> sub-menus.
>
> Well, my first menu is able to detect that there is subpages with
> (ACTIFSUB and other related options). expAll = 1 shows other pages. I
> don't understand why I could not use it as a standard menu that starts
> with a given page.

Actually *there is* a bug when using mount points. I'm trying to track
it down. Again, if I have this tree (slightly modified from initial
post, I added a MP):

root
|-- [1] page1
|   `-- [2] page1.1
|       `-- [3] page1.1.1

|-- [4] page2
|   `-- [5] page2.1

|-- [6] pageMP (--> 7)

`-- [7] sysfolder
     |-- [8] page3
     |   `-- [9] page3.1
     |       `-- [10] page3.1.1

     `-- [11] page4

If I generate a menu with

----------------------
lib.otherMenu = HMENU
lib.otherMenu.special = directory
lib.otherMenu.special.value = 1

lib.otherMenu.1 = TMENU
lib.otherMenu.1 {
     expAll = 0
     # standard menu stuff with ACT, NO, IFSUB, ...
}
lib.otherMenu.2 < lib.otherMenu.1
lib.otherMenu.3 < lib.otherMenu.2

I get a menu with page1.1 (2). If I activate it, I see next nevel
(page1.1.1 uid 3).

If I change entry point and set

lib.otherMenu.special.value = 6

I get a menu with page3 (8) and page 4 (11) but when I activate page3
(8), I don't get page3.1 (9).

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en