[TYPO3-english] Make php script as a content element

"André L. Keidser" andre at seigan.se
Tue May 26 17:14:24 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I'm trying to make a php file as a content element. I have done it once
before for about 6 months ago and think I have copied all off the old
code but it still it wont work. Can anyone of you please point me in the
right direction?

* PHP
I have a PHP file (my_content_script.inc) with a function that want
$content and $conf and it return a html snippet. The fram looks like this:

  function my_function($content, $conf)
  {
       $result = "HELLO WORLD <br><br>";

        print $result;
        return $result;
  }

* TS
The basic TS template in the first page includs a TS template called
"my_content_script" that looks like this:

# SET PHP INCLUDE FILE PATH
page.includeLibs.my_script = fileadmin/php-scripts/my_content_script.inc

# SET TT_CONTENT SETTINGS & EXECUTE FUNCTION
tt_content.script >
tt_content.script = CASE
tt_content.script {
    key.field = select_key
      my_script = USER
      my_script .userFunc = my_function
}

* CONTENT ELEMENT
I have a content element that have following settings:

Type: script
Name: My script test
CODE: my_script

If I execute the function directly in the php file it will execute so it
has included the file. But it refuces to execute the function where I
have the content element... Have I missed something or have I just done
plain wrong?? All tips appreciated!!

Thanks in advanced!

Take care

André