[TYPO3-english] Wrapping content elements in different ways

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Tue May 26 09:33:27 CEST 2009

> I tried by adapting some examples from those pages, but haven't find
> the definitive solution yet. My last attempt was as follows:
>
> temp.focus=COA
> temp.focus {
>   10 < styles.content.getRight
>   10 {
>         renderObj = COA
>         renderObj {
>             wrap = |###SPLITTER###
>         }
>     }
>
>   stdWrap.split {
>     token = ###SPLITTER###
>     cObjNum = 1|*||*|2||3
>     1.current = 1
>     1.wrap=<div class="element">|</div>
>     2.current = 1
>     2.wrap = <div class="last_element">|</div>
>     3.current = 1
>   }
> }
>
> Now I get the blocks wrapped as expected, but they are empty:

Of course they are, since you replaced the renderObj with something
different :-)

> so the simplest solution is
>   10 < styles.content.getRight
> Handling them through CONTENT would be rather hard.

styles.content.getRight already gives you - guess what - a CONTENT cObject
:-)
It contains a renderObj which uses the setup of tt_content to render the
elements within a CASE.

To make sure it does what you want, you could do the following:

temp.focus=COA
temp.focus {
  10 < styles.content.getRight
  10 {
    renderObj >
    renderObj < tt_content
    renderObj.stdWrap.outerWrap = |###SPLITTER###
  }

  stdWrap.split {
    token = ###SPLITTER###
    cObjNum = 1|*||*|2||3
    1.current = 1
    1.wrap=<div class="element">|</div>
    2.current = 1
    2.wrap = <div class="last_element">|</div>
    3.current = 1
  }
}

HTH