[TYPO3-english] Localization does not work

Jörg Klein joerg at klein-family.com
Sun May 24 16:39:49 CEST 2009

Hi Kristian,

"Kristian Domke" <news at neither-nor.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1243163471.24177.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...

> My Problem is, I want to use some of the included system exts for example
> felogin or just the filelinks. But they do not appear in German on my
> production system, but they do on the development system. But I don't see
> the difference.
>
> TS-Setup:
> (...)
this has nothing to do with your problem I think.

What you want is a german BE and german messages in the FE, where they come
from extensions (like fe_login), right?

This all is handled by the files in typo3conf/l10n/de/.....
If they are there, it should work correctly.

(Since you wrote, that the other parts of your TYPO3-system appear
translated, I think that your translation-handling generally is configured
correctly.)

These files are generated by the extension-manager when you fetch
translations.
You always only get the files you need, e.g. if you have not installed
fe_login, you won't get the translations for this ext.
If you install it afterwards, you will have to fetch translations again for
this ext. to be german-speaking, too.
If you don't see any change after you have done so, go to the folder
typo3temp and delete all zip-files there.
Then fetch translations again.

If all that does not help, you can still download the complete package of
_all_ available translations from here:
http://translation.typo3.org/typo3conf/l10n/de.zip
Put the whole content in your typo3conf/l10n-folder.

Jörg