[TYPO3-english] Localization does not work

Kristian Domke news at neither-nor.net
Sun May 24 13:11:10 CEST 2009

Hello all,

I know, it is discussed more than once, but I cannot find an answer for
my case:

System is Typo3 4.2.6 on Ubuntu Linux 8.4.

My Problem is, I want to use some of the included system exts for
example felogin or just the filelinks. But they do not appear in German
on my production system, but they do on the development system. But I
don't see the difference.

I have checked the translation handling in both environments, and
everything seems to be fine.

Infos to both systems:

TS-Setup:
page.config {
   # Language settings: We want everything in German:
   sys_language_uid = 0
   language = de
   lang_all = de
   locale_all = de_DE.utf8