[TYPO3-english] Images not created in uploads directory

Stanislav Rusnak monstrozita at gmail.com
Tue May 19 09:34:45 CEST 2009

Hello,

I am running typo3 site on freeBSD server. Everything was working
correctly until my provider made some changes in server configuration.
Now images are not shown in frontend and backend anymore.

I upload image to ftp and add it to content via RTE, but only blank
image is shown. When I switch to plain html mode, i see that url of the
image points to uploads/ directory and image name starts with
"RTEmagicC" string, but the image is not created there. Images added
before server changed are shown correctly, some urls are pointing to
uploads directory, but most of them are pointing to fileadmin directory
where original files are stored. I am confused.

Do you have any clue what's going on there? Can somebody explain me how
the image processing exactly works?

I will be gratefull for any given advice.

Best regards Stanislav Rusnak