[TYPO3-english] mnogosearch: Sorting by date

Manuel Rego Casasnovas mrego at igalia.com
Fri May 15 08:50:32 CEST 2009

Hello,

I'm using mnogosearch and I'm adding the needed TypoScript
configuration in order to sort search results by date:
plugin.tx_mnogosearch_pi1.search.sortMode = DRP

However I'm not getting the desired results.

I'm indexing the tt_news records apart from the rest of the website.

So for tt_news records the field "last_mod_time" on table
"url" (mnogosearch databse), is stored properly.
But for pages this field is stored with the time when the page is
indexed.

Then when I search the first results are always pages where the word
appear instead of news that could be published 2 or 3 days before (when
the page hasn't changes for some months).

Is there any way to get the results sorting like:
   * First the news ordered by date.
   * Then the rest of the pages.

I really don't care about pages order, but I'd like that pages are
indexed in my website without affect to the search results sorting.

I don't know if it's or not possible, or maybe it doesn't have any
sense for the rest of you.

Anyway, any idea in order to fix it?

Thanks in advance,
   Rego