[TYPO3-english] problem with URL masking

bernd wilke x00nsji02 at sneakemail.com
Thu May 14 20:47:55 CEST 2009

Am Thu, 14 May 2009 14:54:05 +0200 schrieb Szymek:

> Hello,
>
> I recently took over page based on Typo3 and it has enabled feature
> which mask URL like this:
>
> <domain>/index.php?id=12 into <domain>/12.html
>
> The problem is that after a while of my administration of page masking
> stopped working :) eg. main page show off correctly but after i try to
> open others i get "Page not found error"
>
> In apache log i have errors like this: [Thu May 14 15:58:12 2009]
> [error] [client XXX] File does not exist: /var/www/html/biblioteki.html
>
> My question is what could possbly cause this error ? and where can i
> find configuration for masking URL.
>
> I will add that i have two test sites (copies of the prod site) that
> work correctly in other dir's. I even try to copy files from them but
> didn't helped (i suppose it have to be some config written in database).
>  And when i try to access prod site via not masked URL eg.
> <domain>/index.php?id=12 , page show off correctly.
>
> Typo version: TYPO3 Ver. 4.2.1

get the latest version. at least assure the important security-patch is
included.

the main keyword for your search should be: 'simulatestaticdocument'
look in TSref chapter 1.7 'Setup' [1]
there you find infos to this typoscript-value and the neccessary entries
in .htaccess

bernd

[1] e.g. http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-
documentation/doc_core_tsref/4.2.1/view/1/7/