[TYPO3-english] t3blog and templavoila

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Mon May 11 21:09:11 CEST 2009

Hey Dominic,

The mean problem with the current blog page is that it
uses it's own html/css.
Often you will see a blog on it's own, like these
wordpress sort of system and there is no CMS features needed.
However since this is TYPO3 a blog for a TYPO3 site is just a add-on,
if you know what I mean.  To use your blog as part of the rest of the
website
it's really hard to make this work, specially when you need your own
(or given by artists) layout.

I understand that you don't like TV, this is fine and I don't have a big
problem with that. I could make it to work... properly if I would
put more effort in it.. I know it has been done by other people.
However this means creating a special TV blog template and
do some special configurations. But it would be so nice
if it just works as 'Insert Plugin' ... config templating ure it and
off you go.

The reason I looked into t3blog was because it's really nice looking
BE functionality.

About TYPO3 standard, there are some ways within TYPO3 that
administrator expect on how a extension is expected to work,
thins like insert plugins, TS constant and static.

I am personally 'ok' that you use TS as your system,
it might not help others a lot but I could figure it out on how to
change the template.

I 'think' that TYPO3 < 3.6 (before auto make template) used that exact
same system
so I  assume this extension was grown historically. :)

Ries