[TYPO3-english] GMENU line break and Breadcrumbs - arrrh

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Mon May 11 11:41:49 CEST 2009

> I tried this and it works to a degree as you say, however my menu
> doesn't break the line using <br> but my breadcrumbs does.

You said you are using a GMENU. Inside the GIFBUILDER images built for this
type of menu a <br /> would be quite useless.
If there are <br /> tags within your breadcrumb menu this means you used <br
/> Tags instead of the linebreaks I have been talking about.

Using form_type you should setup the field to appear as a textarea and then
use _real_ linebreaks (not tags!) to separate the lines.

This is my first
this my second line

GIFBUILDER will automatically recognize that and render a new line, while
the text based menus will get a linebreak inside their HTML source. Since
linebreaks aren't enough for a browser to render a new line (which is the
reason for the use of <br /> tags), you will get exactly what you wanted:
New lines for the images, a single line for the breadcrumb.

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de