[TYPO3-english] fold out menu and frames

Kristian Wind kw at hovsa.dk
Sat May 9 10:37:31 CEST 2009

Hi all!

I have a little problem with a fold out menu and frames. And yes, we
can discuss if frames are good or not - but in this case I can not see
other ways (there are over 2,000 pages in 3-4 levels on this site, and
if it is not in frames, you will have to scroll in an infinity to the
chosen menupunter after each click. If there is a solution with eg.

So...

I have a top-frame, a left-frame and a pagecontent-frame.

I have links on all my menu items. What the problem is that I have a
target on the menus to 'pagecontent'. When I turn on the target, the
links works, but the 'fold out' does not work. When the target is
turned off, the fold out works, but you do not receive content from
the page, you click on (and also it loads in its own frame which is
wrong - of course).

Hope this is enough for you to get an overview...

# Menu copied from foldoutmenu manual:
subparts.ZMENU = COA
subparts.ZMENU {
   10 = HMENU
   10.wrap = <ul>|</ul>
   10.1 = TMENU
   10.1.target = pagecontent
   10.1 {
     expAll = 0
     itemArrayProcFunc = user_foldoutMenu->getIfSubUidList
     NO {
       allWrap = <li>|</li>
     }
     IFSUB < .NO
     IFSUB = 1
     IFSUB {
       subst_elementUid = 1
       doNotLinkIt = 0
       linkWrap = <A onmousedown="ZMENU.foldMenu('ZMENU-
{elementUid}');return false;" style="cursor: pointer;">|</A>
       allWrap = <li>|<ul id="ZMENU-{elementUid}">
       wrapItemAndSub = |</ul></li>
     }
   }
   10.2 < .10.1
   10.3 < .10.1
   10.4 < .10.1
   20 = TEXT
   20.data = register:ifSubUidList
   20.postUserFunc = user_foldoutMenu->JSWrapper
   20.postUserFunc.prefix = ZMENU
   20.required = 1
}

# My frameset:
framemain = PAGE
frameset = PAGE
frameset2 = PAGE
pagecontent = PAGE
left = PAGE
top = PAGE
white = PAGE

framemain.typeNum = 0
frameset.typeNum = 5
frameset2.typeNum = 4

pagecontent.typeNum = 1
left.typeNum = 2
top.typeNum = 3

white.typeNum = 6

framemain.frameSet {
   params = {$_stdFramesetParams}
   cols = *,900,*
   1 = FRAME
   1.obj = white
   1.params = {$_stdFrameParams} scrolling="no"
   2 = FRAME
   2.obj = frameset
   2.params = {$_stdFrameParams} scrolling="no"
   3 = FRAME
   3.obj = white
   3.params = {$_stdFrameParams} scrolling="no"
}

frameset.frameSet {
   params = {$_stdFramesetParams}
   rows = {$topFrameHeight},*
   1 = FRAME
   1.obj = top
   1.params = {$_stdFrameParams} scrolling="no"
   2 = FRAME
   2.obj = frameset2
   2.params = {$_stdFrameParams} scrolling="no"
}

frameset2.frameSet  {
   params = {$_stdFramesetParams}
   cols = {$leftFrameWidth},*
   1 = FRAME
   1.obj = left
   1.params = {$_stdFrameParams} scrolling="yes"
   2 = FRAME
   2.obj = pagecontent
   2.params = {$_stdFrameParams} scrolling="auto"
}

Hope you can help me ...
Thank you in advance!

Kristian