[TYPO3-english] Video sharing project. Anyone interested?

Morten Kjems mortenkjems at gmail.com
Tue May 5 14:12:32 CEST 2009

Hi everybody.

I have been creating a few sites with mainly video content in typo3.

So far user interaction have been limited to writing comments and rating
the videos. But now I face a need to allow FE users to upload there own
videos and share them with others. Basically a video sharing system like
youtube but implemented in a typo3 solution (it does not have to be as
fancy as youtube - at least not right away...).

Have anyone developed anything like that?

If knot I am uninterested in hearing from others who would be interested
in such a project and in helping developing or sponsoring development.

I guess the project could rely on already developed solutions. Maybe
tt_news for categories, sorting and presentation. The Rating and
comments extensions for exactly that and maybe one of the flv players
for video presentation.

So what do you think? Is this a good idea? Are there enough interest to
make it happen?

All suggestions and ideas are most welcome.

Thanks
/Morten