[TYPO3-english] t3blog and templavoila

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Sun May 3 15:47:16 CEST 2009

On May 3, 2009, at 8:28 AM, Marcus Krause wrote:

> Christopher Torgalson schrieb am 05/03/2009 06:18 AM Uhr:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 9:01 PM, Andreas Becker <ab.becker at web.de>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi Ries and Christopher
>>> I totaly agree to you both and many others which already posted
>>> about T3Blog
>>> here.
>>>
>>> Looks nice (if working), nice features (which are working), but
>>> absolutly
>>> non conform with TYPO3 standards.
>>>
>>> There are lots of other post mentioning exactly the same problems.
>>> As I
>>> understood it the blog was developed by snowflake for standard
>>> templating
>>> and therefore TemplaVoila modern Templating was even not taken in
>>> consideration.
>>

>> TV is not the issue. As I mentioned, T3blog does not work as expected
>> with TYPO3's 'regular' templating system either.
>>
>> In a good extension, you can insert plugins in content areas and
>> modify the output using TS. I won't say that T3blog does not work
>> this
>> way, but I will say that it doesn't work at all as you might expect
>> it
>> to if you've had any experience with other TYPO3 extensions. I've
>> seldom spent so much time trying to configure and customize the
>> output
>> of a TYPO3 extension with so little success.
>
> I'm using t3blog on a TV based website (http://secure.t3sec.info). It
> took my some time to configure but it's possible to use it with a
> custom, non-snowflake layout. (t3blog is only used in one page)
> Please read the manual to understand which static templates are at
> minimum needed.
>
> The only bug which is still existing is that a new posting is always
> overwriting a content-slide CE. But it needs my seconds to delete the
> duplicated CE again.
>
> In addition I'm using several XCLASSes but only to produce XHTML
> well-formed code.
>

> The author is fixing reported issues. So it's worth to create them on
> bugs.typo3.org.
>

> Marcus.

Marcus,

although I don't consider myself as a TYPO3 newbie, it's been some time
ago since I did work with TYPO3... this is my first site again
since about 2 years...

I did read the manual... I did read the typoscript (that's why I know
blogList is 1200 lines of TV).

Or i could get a output with all kinds of stuff likes callendars and
even my own left menu navigation,
or it did get simply nothing.

Like I mentioned I also checked a blog of a guy who added it to TV,
but the bottom line is that T3BLOG is a non standard way of working
with TYPO3
and like you said yourself you as a settled TYPO3 user it took you
some time
to make it to work..

Now may be I didn't push the magic button yet, but IMHO there isn't
much in
TYPO3 as long as the extension confirms to some T3 standard when adding
plugins to a page.

I could make an entry in bugs.typo3.org saying 'Doesn't work with TV'
and a other bug entry saying 'Doesn't conform to TYPO3 plugin
standards'. But
do you think it will help? I am sure the authors know this already
because
the designed it the way it is right now.

Ries