[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 4.3.0-dev with Oracle

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sun May 3 08:47:22 CEST 2009

Hi Ries,

> I have been working a loong time ago on a drivers using the PHP's PDO
> interface
>
> The idea was to make a pluggable 'sort of'  interface, that tries to solve
> some of the problems of database issues in TYPO3 and DB differences.
>
> The nice thing was I could make TYPO3 core fairly easy to work on MySQL,
> PostgreSQL and sqlite (yes typo3 on sqlite!)
>
> The problem was however that the install tool worked kinda hackish and that
> table where not created using a solid interface, with solid I do mean
> using TYPO3_DB functions.
>
> If you are inteersted I can send you the extensions and we can talk on
> the phone.
>
> The advantage of using PDO was for me is that you by-pass the AdoDB
> interface
> which is kinda slow.

This is what I first thought because I had to chose among PDO_OCI or
oci8 and I first went with PDO but was quickly stucked with install
tool. You have already experience with other DBMS. For me I only have
experience with your rvt_adodb to connect to a MS SQL for "my stuff" but
not for TYPO3.

Yes, please send me your work, I'll try it. I suggest we discussed this
during T3D09 if you'll be there.

Regards

--
Xavier Perseguers