[TYPO3-english] t3blog and templavoila

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Sun May 3 06:18:23 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 9:01 PM, Andreas Becker <ab.becker at web.de> wrote:
> Hi Ries and Christopher
> I totaly agree to you both and many others which already posted about T3Blog
> here.
>
> Looks nice (if working), nice features (which are working), but absolutly
> non conform with TYPO3 standards.
>
> There are lots of other post mentioning exactly the same problems. As I
> understood it the blog was developed by snowflake for standard templating
> and therefore TemplaVoila modern Templating was even not taken in
> consideration.

TV is not the issue. As I mentioned, T3blog does not work as expected
with TYPO3's 'regular' templating system either.

In a good extension, you can insert plugins in content areas and
modify the output using TS. I won't say that T3blog does not work this
way, but I will say that it doesn't work at all as you might expect it
to if you've had any experience with other TYPO3 extensions. I've
seldom spent so much time trying to configure and customize the output
of a TYPO3 extension with so little success.

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/