[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 4.3.0-dev with Oracle

David Bruchmann typo3-en at bruchmann-web.de
Sun May 3 00:17:35 CEST 2009

----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----
Von:        Ries van Twisk <typo3 at rvt.dds.nl>
Gesendet:   Samstag, 2. Mai 2009 23:45:44
An:         TYPO3 English <typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de>
CC:
Betreff:    Re: [TYPO3-english] TYPO3 4.3.0-dev with Oracle

> MySQL allows this mixing of field name cases while most, of not
> all database change the case it to all uppercase (DB2 I believe) or
> all lowercase (PostgerSQL).
>
> So this query:
>
> SELECT MyField FROM table;
>
> Might return a different field name cases in your result sets.
>
> Even TYPO3 core is not solid and uses mixed cases, which is IMHO not
> playing really nice.

Hy Ries,

tt_content is a good example for camelcase-fieldnames.
In Kickstarter I remember that all fieldnames have to be lowercase, but
perhaps I remember wrong.

Im wondering that authors of dbal and adodb didn't took care on that
case-point or did that "feature" resist due to historical reasons?

Best regards
David