[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 4.3.0-dev with Oracle

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Sat May 2 23:38:47 CEST 2009

Xavier,

I have been working a loong time ago on a drivers using the PHP's PDO
interface

The idea was to make a pluggable 'sort of'  interface, that tries to
solve
some of the problems of database issues in TYPO3 and DB differences.

The nice thing was I could make TYPO3 core fairly easy to work on
MySQL, PostgreSQL and sqlite (yes typo3 on sqlite!)

The problem was however that the install tool worked kinda hackish and
that
table where not created using a solid interface, with solid I do mean
using TYPO3_DB functions.

If you are inteersted I can send you the extensions and we can talk on
the phone.

The advantage of using PDO was for me is that you by-pass the AdoDB
interface
which is kinda slow.

Ries