[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 4.3.0-dev with Oracle

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sat May 2 19:24:14 CEST 2009

Hi,

Georg Ringer wrote:
> David Bruchmann schrieb:
>> I suppose that many extensions arent't compatible with other databases
>> than mySql.
>
> all which follow the rules. extension which don't are in many times
> crap... ;)

That's a shame that extensions are not compatible. It's so easy to use
the DB layer TYPO3 gives us.

You know, I could "sell" TYPO3 over the "official" CMS I should have
proposed instead (Drupal not to name it) just because TYPO3 is said to
support Oracle and our customer wanted to reuse his database server
(maintenance and the rest).

This is why now I *have* to make it work and be sure I'll send as many
patch as needed in order this works ;-)

I won't need so many extensions, just the common TemplaVoilà, RealURL
and a few others but I expect them to run out-of-the-box...

Regards

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en