[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 4.3.0-dev with Oracle

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sat May 2 14:00:15 CEST 2009

>> I confirm that the patch 8231 fixes the admin_get_charsets() bug but
>> that's not enough, clicking on any entry of the install tool leads to
>> a blank screen.
>
> I debugged AdoDB and found that I had to define $typo_db_host this way
> when using PDO_OCI:
>
> $typo_db_host = 'oci:host=localhost';

PDO_OCI seems not to be a valid option:

Dictionary driver
'/var/www/typo3_src-trunk/typo3/sysext/adodb/adodb/datadict/datadict-pdo.inc.php'
not available

I downloaded latest version of ADODB from sourceforge but this file does
not exist either (I did try to update the ADODB sysext thought, perhaps
other calls are made).

==> Now switching to oci8

--
Xavier Perseguers