[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 4.2.3 with Oracle

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri May 1 21:49:47 CEST 2009

Hi Michael,

>> I'm trying to set up a 4.2.3 (trunk) install with an Oracle database.
>> I'm using pdo_oci and followed the beginning of (already a bit
>> outdated) tutorial [1].
>>
>> Does someone already succeeded in this? I'm currently debugging the
>> Fatal error:
>>
>> Call to a member function admin_get_charsets() on a non-object
>
> This is not related to Oracle at all, it's just a bug with DBAL:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=8231
>
> Can you check if the patch works, and submit it to the core list, please?

My test install is at work and I have a preparation for the yearly army
course Monday till Wednesday, meaning I'll test it on Thursday.

Oracle will definitively be OK for 4.3 core (at least) because I have
absolutely no other choice than making it work... ;-)

I started an up-to-date wiki page on how making Oracle work with TYPO3
(including compiling the pdo_oci). I'll update the original wiki page
when it works.

Regards

--
Xavier Perseguers