[TYPO3-english] kc_loginstatus

Pascal Cramer pascal at NOSPAMroguesheep.nl
Tue Mar 31 22:48:50 CEST 2009

Hi Brian

Lamb, Brian wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have installed the kc_loginstatus extension with the goals of:
>
> 1) Displaying the Name of the user (not the username)
> 2) Displaying a link to logout if the user is logged in
> 3) Displaying a link to the login page
>
> It appears that this extension will do 2 and 3 (not sure about 1). However, I installed it and followed the directions in the manual but all that is displayed is the original div: <div id="loginstatus">&nbsp;</div> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brian Lamb

I haven't used this extensioon so i can't help you there but I always use
Typoscript if I require a logout on all pages.
Something along the lines of:
----
lib.logout = COA
lib.logout {
lib.logout {
   1 = TEXT
   1 {
     value = Login
     typolink.parameter = {$login_pid}
   }
}
[loginUser = *]
lib.logout {
   1 = TEXT
   1 {
     value = Logged in as&nbsp;
     dataWrap = | {TSFE:fe_user|user|username}
     typolink >
   }

   2 = FORM
   2 {
     type = {$login_pid}
     data = logintype|hidden|logout || |submit|Logout
     layout = ###FIELD###
   }
}
[end]
----
Which will display a link to the loginpage if not logged in and a status and
logout button if a user is logged in.

Perhaps this can help you out?

Pascal