[TYPO3-english] rgmediaimages: jwplayer licensing

Jacob Schmidt list at rootmedia.dk
Tue Mar 31 14:33:37 CEST 2009

sabine deeken wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have just read at the jw flvplayer website that it is now necessary to
> have a license when using jw flvplayer in a cms.
> this would mean it is needed to get a license when using rgmediaimages
> in typo3, also on noncommercial websites
> does anybody have detailed information on this? which version of the
> player is used in the plugin?
>
> best regards, Sabine
>
> "If you don’t buy a commercial license, you cannot use a JW Player on
> (i) a site that has ads; (ii) a corporate site; or a (iii) CMS."
> (https://www.longtailvideo.com/players/order/license/ )

The player is version 3.16 and the url to the player is
http://iaian7.com/js/mediaplayer.swf

I am working on a site that uses rgmediaimages, and as the license
states you need to buy it if you want to use it. So that is what i
intend to do.

Another solution is to create your own flash player.

Regards
/Jacob