[TYPO3-english] dd_googlesitemap side issues?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Mar 30 22:24:55 CEST 2009

Hi!

Styrmir Magnússon wrote:
> After installing dd_googlesitemap then I am experiencing very high load
> on MySQL. My ISP had to change robots.txt to disallow / for googlebot
> because google was making so much load on MySQL.

Google normally does not make many calls to the site at one moment. Are you sure your MySQL is set up properly? I have seen so many inefficient MySQL configurations... Some of them could not handle more than 20rq/s!

> This has probably nothing to do with the extension but why is google so
> heavy on my site after assigning the sitemap? Is there something I can do
> about this?

You can check Google crawl rate in the Webmaster's console. This is the first thing I would do. If I remember correctly, there was a place where you could lower the load. But you definitely must expect a higher request rate on days 1-3 after you added sitemaps. This is how it happens.

> I have two domains www.kfum.is and www.kfuk.is which is the same pages
> and same sitemap. In Google Webmaster Tools I added both sites and
> inserted the same sitemaps both for tt_news and the site.
>
> www.kfum.is/?eID=dd_googlesitemap&sitemap=news&pidList=548&singlePid=323
> www.kfum.is/?eID=dd_googlesitemap

Same pages on two domains? This is not good for search. You should have a redirect from one domain to another. Otherwise neither of your sites will have good ranks. They will get penalized for duplicate content.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Skype: liels_bugs