[TYPO3-english] Multiple domain in one typo3

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Mar 30 16:03:43 CEST 2009

Hi!

harishathreya . wrote:
>  I am using TYPO3 4.2.1. I want create new website (domain) under the
> already existing domain. So i have created pages, done all typoscript stuff
> and also assigned domain records to the page. I have created 2 domains
> http://mydomain.in with redirection to http://www.mydomain.in and one
> www.mydomain.in.
> All the DNS resolving thing is also done from my client's end. But i am not
> able to see the pages of the newly added domain, instead it is displaying
> home page of the parent domain. Is there something more i need to do?
> I have done this man times before in TYPO3 4.1.5, and it was successfull,
> dont know what is the problem here... please help me.

TYPO3 does not really support nested domains. There are lots of side effects with them. It is much better to use mount points in such cases.

In your case you are missing one or more of:
- domain records
- root TS template
- "Is root of the site?" checkbox

It is all on the page of a nested domain.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Skype: liels_bugs