[TYPO3-english] RealUrl different behavior in dffferent browsers

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Mar 30 16:01:29 CEST 2009

Hi!

Barbara B. Johansen wrote:
> RealUrl (ver. 1.4.0 with Typo3 ver.4.2.2 ) works fine with Internet
> Explorer 7 and Opera, giving urls like http://baseurl/pagename/
>
> In Firefox, Safari and Camino on the other hand we get urls like
> http://baseurl/pageid/ which results in a Type3 error reason: "pageid"
> could not be found...

Firsts, RealURL is a server side script, it does not do anything related to browsers.

Secondly, this "problem" is a well–known one :D It means that one or more domains are not configured properly. For example, www.domain.tld is configured and domain.tld is not. Thus when user comes to domain.tld, RealURL will not know how to generate the URL and will produce a default numeric id.

Advice: check your RealURL configuration.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Skype: liels_bugs