[TYPO3-english] Just an idea concering 'insert records'

Bas v.d. Wiel j.a.m.v.d.wiel at tue.nl
Fri Mar 27 13:07:50 CET 2009

Hi all,
This is just an idea that popped into my head over lunch and I wonder
what you guys think of it. I find the 'insert records' feature extremely
useful from time. I use it sometimes to centralize the management of a
single piece of content which then gets published on more than one page
in the website. The interface to do this is a bit cumbersome though, so
I'm considering an extension which adds this functionality to the
clickmenu. A bit like we now have cut and copy, but I'd like to add
'link/shortcut' to this, in analogy with the symlink system found on
UNIX. I'm a bit worried though that something so obvious would have
already been done if it weren't either extremely problematic, or would
break something.. so I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Bas