[TYPO3-english] cooluri, tt_news and single news item

Robert Böck robert.boeck at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 00:09:10 CET 2009

Hi,

Jan Bednarik wrote:

>> If this news item moves from the 1st to the 2nd page on the page
>> browser, its URL changes to:
>> www.example.org/news/item/some-unique-news-item/1.html

> this is in no way a CoolUri problem. This is tt_news problem as it adds
> pointer parameter to URL. CoolUri just translates it according to your
> rules.

Ok, but I read that with the RealURL extension this problem can be
solved. But I don't want to use RealURL. So if RealURL can solve the
problem, why can't CoolUri do this?

> You can remove the parameter from URL using CoolUri, but then you will
> expirience different kind of trouble

Can I remove the parameter only from URLs of single news items? If I
remove it strictly, I guess this will break the page browser.

> - such as no way to go Back to the page in the list you were at.

So what? There's a back button in the browser to go back one page in the
history!

cu, Robo :)