[TYPO3-english] SSL backend

Victor Livakovsky v-tyok at mail.ru
Fri Mar 20 12:21:18 CET 2009

> I want to use backend with SSL and I use "pound" load blancer software.
> I can access backend by SSL via pound and login with acount and password
> in login screen, but "Login-error or session timed-out" error message
> was shown.
> I think TYPO3 can not redirect incollectlly. why?

Check TYPO3 Install Tool and $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['lockSSL'] variable.
Here is it's explanation:
"Int. 0,1,2,3: If set (1,2,3), the backend can only be operated from an
ssl-encrypted connection (https). Set to 2 you will be redirected to the
https admin-url supposed to be the http-url, but with https scheme
instead. If set to 3, only the login is forced to SSL, then the user
switches back to non-SSL-mode."