[TYPO3-english] powersearchindexlucene - Utf8Num_CaseInsensitive issue

Anisur anisur.mullick at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 14:08:59 CET 2009

Hello all,

We have installed the TYPO3 powersearchindexlucene extension on one of our
TYPO3 installation. We are using TYPO3 version 4.1.7 (restriction is there
on upgrade) along with Zend Framework version 1.7.x. We also installed all
the related extensions like powersearch, powersearchui and followed the
guidelines defined in the documentation.

We noticed the front-end search was not yielding any result, even though
indexes are created in the 'typo3temp/powersearchindexlucene'. We need to
have UTF8 working for our installation. On searching we found that the
script was malfunctioning in 'class.PowerSearchIndexerRunner.php' at line
110 [$analyzer = new
Zend_Search_Lucene_Analysis_Analyzer_Common_Utf8Num_CaseInsensitive();].
After this line all the resources are nullified. We  searched on the
internet and found that we have to use the class
'Zend_Search_Lucene_Analysis_Analyzer_Common_TextNum_CaseInsensitive'
instead of
'Zend_Search_Lucene_Analysis_Analyzer_Common_Utf8Num_CaseInsensitive'. We
replace it in the script and found the search to be working at front-end.

Now, we need to know whether this change done by us to have any effect on
the UTF8 support. If yes, whether any alternatives available for it.

Thanks for all your support in advance.

Anisur R Mullick