[TYPO3-english] domain typo3.xx - what to do?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Mar 19 07:50:13 CET 2009

Hi!

Katja Lampela wrote:
> What is your opinion of following:
> I accidentally typed as an address www.typo3.fi and was redirected to a
> finnish company's site which seems to have nothing to do with TYPO3.

> At the time the brand TYPO3/domain is misused in Finland, what would be
> the appropriate way to deal with this?
>
> Please let me know where to go with this information, thank you.

I asked similar question to the Association approximately half a year ago. I received the official answer from
Jens Kristian Mygent that stated this:
- domains like "typo3.tld" are protected by the Association
- domains like "*typo3*.tld" are available for anyone's use

I suggest to contact the Association.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team