[TYPO3-english] Content personalization, and database interfaces

Stacey King Gordon stacey at night-writer.com
Wed Mar 18 20:06:03 CET 2009

Hi all:

I'm a non-developer (Web project manager) who is hunting for a little
information for my client's development team as they investigate which
CMS to select. I'm having a hard time finding specific answers to my
questions on the site and am hoping someone might be able to point me
in the right direction.

The typo3.com site mentions the ability to personalize content
according to different user groups. I'm looking for documentation or
more details on how to do this, and how far those capabilities extend.
I found in search a reference to a document called "Content
Personalization" but haven't been able to find it. Anyone know?

Also, my developers need the ability to interface with existing MySQL
and Access databases to call on member information for login areas of
the site. Can you point me to info about the Typo3 capabilities for
that?

Sorry to bother you all if this is not an appropriate use of the
mailing list -- I'm totally lost and haven't been able to find the
info myself after 2 hours of searching!

Thanks much,

Stacey King Gordon
Night Writer Communications