[TYPO3-english] sql error at logout - felogin / kb_md5fepw

Thomas Meixner tmeixner at avecstyle.ca
Wed Mar 18 17:09:29 CET 2009

a) was already really helpful, thank you very much. At least it hides
the error and hopefully I won't receive any more e-mails from users
anymore. I think I will have to dig into kb_md5fepw/TYPO3 at some point
to find out the real reason but I don't want to do that on the live site.

Since kb_md5fepw seems to be the standard in TYPO3 for secure password
transmittal, am I alone in experiencing this error?

I think it might be also kb_md5fepw which doesn't allow french
characters in usernames. I'm not 100% sure on this issue but it seems
the md5 hash is not calculated correctly because users like stéphanie
were never able to log on until I removed the accent in their username.

Regards,
Thomas