[TYPO3-english] Management of high number of groups with a few "roles"

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Mar 17 22:48:23 CET 2009

Hi Christopher,

> I don't have a TYPO3 instance handy to test this, so I might be wrong, but…
>
> Would something like this work?
>
> 50 groups, 1 per section with the appropriate db and file mounts, and
> no edit access

Yes

> 1 group for editors with access to appropriate tables, fields, no db
> or file mounts

Yes

> 1 group for publishers with (greater) access to (more) appropriate
> tables, fields also with no db or file mounts

Yes

> Selected users get access to the editor and/or publisher group in
> addition to the appropriate section group. Since the editor and
> publisher groups have no db mounts of their own, they should only have
> access to db tables in their own sections (this is the part I'm not
> sure of since I didn't test it…)

This is where I see the problem. You grant editors to edit, say tables
pages and tt_news, for both "common" fields. You grant publishers to
edit more specialized fields such as start- and end-time for those tables.

You have a person that should have editor rights on a section but
publishers rights on another. As he has publishers rights, he will have
those for both sections.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en