[TYPO3-english] MIT and GPL license compatible?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Mar 16 12:59:29 CET 2009

Hi!

Steffen Gebert wrote:
> I've written a TYPO3 extension including some JavaScript code [1] which is
> licensed under MIT license.
>
> Can anybody tell me, if I'm allowed to ship the code with my GPL licensed
> extension in TER? Nevertheless I'd ask the author, before doing so - but I
> just want to ensure license compatibility.

There are several licenses that are called "MIT license". Best answers about their compatibility are here:
	http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html#Expat
	http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html#X11License

If you do not want to dig deep, they are both compatible :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team