[TYPO3-english] print friendly page extension

Andreas Burg typo3 at andreasburg.de
Wed Mar 11 21:11:04 CET 2009

Hi Dmitry,

> I know that, but I'm not sure that there is reason to show print version
> in browser without print. Only because of tradition of the table-based
> sites?

he wants a solution for "that renders a printer friendly page".

I think many users don't know that their browser has a print-preview ;-) and if the page is full of
weirdo things, they shrink from printing the page. In that case a button with the text "show the
printer friendly page" f.e. would be nice. And I don't know how to activate the browsers
print-preview with JS, I think there is no way. So my suggestion is one way to offer the user a
print-preview right from the pages content.

It has nothing to do with table- or semantic-design.

--
Andreas