[TYPO3-english] Re: [TYPO3] Cropscaling in Content Elements

HR typo3 at iwelt.de
Tue Mar 10 17:23:18 CET 2009

Hi all,

Redvald Hjulstad wrote:
> Hello
>
> Is it possible to use CropScaling on Text with image and Image Content
> Elements?
>
> I have tried to add the "c" after I specify a with for a image, but when
> I exit the with field the "c" is removed. What can I do to enable this
> and have cropscaling in these content elements?

I presume this still isn't possible (at least neither google nor the
list archives offered any satisfying answer to the above question), or
is there a secret solution I just haven't found yet?

I've managed to cropscale pretty much anything that can be configured
via typoscript - and by hard-coding the typoscript, the following also
works for Text with image / Image content elements:

tt_content.image.20.1.file.width.field >
tt_content.image.20.1.file.width = 100c
tt_content.image.20.1.file.height = 100c
tt_content.image.20.1.file.width.override.field = imagewidth
tt_content.image.20.1.file.height.override.field = imageheight

However, what I'm looking for is a way to allow contend editors to set
this on a per-image (well, per-content-element)-basis. I don't want a
site-wide 100x100px image crop.

Any suggestions (that don't involve writing an extension ;-) )?

Thanks,
Heike