[TYPO3-english] TypoScript conditions for different firefox versions

StephenBungert stephenbungert at yahoo.de
Tue Mar 10 11:56:38 CET 2009

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/4.1.0/view/4/1/#id3959088

Here it says you can have extra operators before the values, like in my
example:

straight out of tsref:

'This matches with all 4+ browsers and netscape 3 browsers

[version=  >4][browser= netscape3]'

I think if [version=  >4] matches all browser version 4 and up

my [version = <3] should match all browser version 3 and less.

At least that is what I understand from tsref. The only difference is that I
have a space before the first =. Is that important? I don't know. I shall
remove it and see.

[useragent = netscape] && [version = 5] adds the css to my page, but that is
not firefox's version. I need to have extra css for version 2 because I
developed for version 3, and version 2 displays parts of my site differently
than version 3. I can't seem to do this with

[useragent = netscape] && [version = 2]

That's why I want to check for firefox and not just a netscape based
browser.

If you can only check for the few browsers listed here:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/4.1.0/view/4/1/#id3958965

how can you add extra css in a condition for safari od google chrome?

Wouldn't it be easier if TYPO3 just checked against whatever you have on the
right of the operator?

-----
--
Stephen Bungert