[TYPO3-english] Access problem

Christian Tardif christian.tardif at servinfo.ca
Mon Mar 9 06:51:33 CET 2009

Hi all,

I want to reproduce file server ACL functionality. In the Access module,
I can set permissions for owner and group without any problem. The
problem comes when creating new objects in site tree.

Let's say a tree currently allows user bill and group bong full access
to the tree (creating, deleting, and such). bill is a user of the group
bong. If bill creates a new page in the tree, he (bill) has full access
to the page, but anyone else in the bong group won't be able to delete
the page. I would like to be able to set the permissions as default
permissions, so any newly created page will have the exact same
permissions as the parent page.

Is that possible?  If so, how?

Thanks