[TYPO3-english] Character Encoding Problem with Commenting system (comments)

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Thu Mar 5 14:04:39 CET 2009

Hi,

> After you post a comment, the form fields Name, Email and Location get
> pre-filled with the previous values we enter.
> These values do not appear correctly when we enter French characters.
> For Example the character "ç" gets displayed as: "ç"

Actually I observe this very behavior on Dmitry's own site. I have left
comments with my name "François". When I get back to the site, the name
field of the comment form displays "François".

I would say the error lies when the cookie is written, because it
contains the following:

Fran%C3%A7ois

which means the double-byte UTF-8 character was badly encoded in the
cookie to start with.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter