[TYPO3-english] ve_guestbook to comments

Andreas Burg typo3 at andreasburg.de
Tue Mar 3 00:57:55 CET 2009

Morten,

> Where did you find the manual. There is no one here:
> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/

if you search for a manual, please see in the repository first
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/search/
search for extension and click "read online",

or click the extensions headline and search for the *.sxw download link.
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/ve_guestbook/current/info/?tx_terfe_pi1%5BdownloadFile%5D=doc%252Fmanual.sxw&cHash=8bd05bb20c

or install the extension and you'll find the manual(if exists) in the extension manager. To open
*.sxw you need f.e. open source OpenOfficeOrg, then you can convert to *.pdf with OOo, if you like.

> I can see that there is an option to to import the message from one
> ve_guestbook entry when creating a new comment in the backend but you
> still have to fill out name and IP address manually.

read manual first

> I have several thousand comments that needs to be converted so one at a
> time is just not an option.

I agree ;-)

--
Andreas