[TYPO3-english] RealURL config question

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Mar 2 20:59:28 CET 2009

Hi!

La Farge Douglas wrote:
> I looked all over for this dontUseBackPid setting and was not able to
> locate it. I found backPID but I suspect that isn't boolean but rather a
> value of an actual PID.

typo3conf/ext/tt_news/doc/manual.sxw, page 43:

=======================
dontUseBackPid
----------
boolean
----------
If you enable this, you can prevent the use of the variables for dynamic “back-links” in links that point to the single-view. The advantage is, that all those links will look the same, what will f.e. prevent multiple indexing by the indexed search. (RealUrl Links will also look nicer without a “backPid”). The “back-link” in the SINGLE view will still work, but it will only point to a global “backPid” (f.e. the list view).
See section "RealUrl and SimulateStaticDocuments" in this manual for more information.
=======================

> to the rest of my sites which render RealURLs with the additional
> information that we'd like to get rid of (everything after .html?)

RealURL only converts what was given to it. So you should configure tt_news not to provide backPid. You have to search how that another extension creates links and force it not to use the backPid.

> So per your instructions from our discussion last I should ask before
> hacking away and destroying things.  So I'm asking for any additional
> advice that you might be able to provide to solve this important little
> issue.

I would use TS object browser to search for "backPid". It will quickly show places where tt_news are used (including any copies of it).

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team